BBSSSA Team Selection Carnival Soccer – Opens, Intermediate, U13’s
Soccer – An Open (Boys/Girls) team will be selected for the NSWCCC Championships
Opens Soccer Selection Carnival: Tuesday 23rd May 2019
Opens Backup date: Tuesday 28th May 2019 (If Cromer Park is washed out, the location is Melwood Reserve, Forestville)
U/13 & Intermediate (Years 7,8,9,10) Boys Competition: Thursday 30th May 2019
Intermediate (Years 7,8,9,10) Boys Competition Backup Date: Thursday 30th May 2019 (Melwood Reserve - Intermediate division only)
U/13 & Intermediate (Years 7,8,9) Girls Competition: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Intermediate (Years 7,8,9) Girls Competition Backup Date: Thursday 2nd May 2018 (Melwood Reserve - Intermediate division only)
Cromer Park, Cromer
Melwood Reserve, Forestville (In the case of the council ground - Cromer Park - being washed out)
Open: Girls and Boys
Intermediate Girls: Girls in years 7,8,9
Intermediate Boys: Boys in years 7,8,9,10
13’s: Girls and Boys
NB: D.O.B 13 years turning 12 or 13 in 2019
Commencing time: 8:30am for Round One Game
Concluding time: 3:15pm approximately
Rules and Information
- Upon arrival at the fields, team managers/coaches must report immediately to the official tables at either ground to collect their draw, information booklet.
- Referees will be sourced by the Many Warringah Football Referees Association, but if any school has a qualified referee, please send them on the day
- Each team must supply at least two size 5 balls. Please ensure that they are correctly inflated.
- Broken Bay Opens Representative Team - Throughout the day, selectors will be on the lookout for elite players to represent the Diocese in the CCC Championships. The boys and girls soccer squads will consist of 16 players each and will be informed of their selection on the day of our Gala Day. By playing for Broken Bay at these titles, the opportunity to further represent NSW Combined Catholic Colleges is therefore a possibility.
- Each team is allowed to have a squad of 16 players, (11 players and 5 reserves).
- During the game, the continual interchange rule applies, however, you must notify the referee when a substitution is about to take place.
- The yellow and red card system will apply throughout the day with appropriate penalties.
- Scoring is as follows: Win - 3Points, Draw - 2Points, Loss - 1 Point